Search information in various sources
work in archives, libraries, with databases and documents available online
Building a pedigree chart and drawing up a family tree
based on a thorough analysis of the information found
Indexing of handwritten texts and their translation
in Russian, German, Polish, Latvian, Lithuanian and Latin languages
Organization of a family archive
digitization of documents, work with fading text, photo restoration, cataloguing
Fonds of the Latvian State Historical Archive in English
The list of fonds of the State Historical Archive of Latvia is made up on the basis of the Central Fond Register (in Latvian), card files in the reading room of the archive (in Russian and Latvian), and archival inventories. In the process of research, we constantly update it.
The list contains links to archive inventories, which we also digitize and index ourselves.
Here without seeking to profit we uploud digital copies of archival documents for public use. Partly, we made them ourselves, in the process of our searches, partly, they were provided by other researchers. We also publish old family photos, both from our collection and from other family archives, whose owners wanted to share this heritage.
To increase the chances of finding all this on the Internet, we index the documents published on the site and add information about all the people who are mentioned in the database.
7 rules of the genealogist Andrey Repin
- The closer to the past, the more responsible I feel for the present
- Contradictions in the sources - is a cause for further searches
- Knowledge of archival funds is necessary, but not enough
- Not all researches are successful, but there is always a hope that this time everything will be found
- Family secrets should stay within the family
- The client should always know how the research is going
- Prepayment is required, but not one hundred percent